Thursday, January 08, 2015

"As for murderers... "

On the bus this morning I was discussing world affairs with another rider and the conversation came to the recent events in France and the connections with ISIS in Iraq. 

The fellow told me that the problem with these radical Muslim terrorists is that they are not afraid to die. 

I thought about that as I was walking from the bus to my office.  Upon consideration, I don't think that is the problem.  The problem is not that these folks are not afraid to die, but that they are not afraid to kill.

I am a Christian, and I am not afraid to die.  I believe in Jesus Christ, the resurrected one, who has conquered death for those who put their faith in him.

I am afraid to kill though, as Christ has taught me that he "will require a reckoning for the life of man." 

Only a sad and perverted religion could mock God's command "thou shalt not kill". 

A poor deceived people.  "As for murderers...  their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."

No comments: